FOR OUR CAT PATIENTS
Cats Need Care, Too
We know that it can be tough to get our feline friends in for a Wellness Exam. But even young indoor cats need to come in and get their nose-to-tail examinations at least once a year. Just like dogs, cats age more quickly than people — on average about seven years for each of our years.
Annual examinations can pick up any changes, such as a heart murmur, or kidney changes before they become serious. If caught early enough, medication can be added, or we can suggest a diet change to prolong the life of your furry companion. Most importantly, cats are adapt at hiding illness and injury. So when you see them acting differently, it’s very important to bring them to one of our veterinarians for an exam. At Bernville Veterinary Clinic we take special care to make sure your cat will have the best visit possible. We even have a cat exclusive waiting room, entrance, parking lot and exam room!
Here are some tips for how to make the trip easier for you and your cat:
- Choose a cat carrier with a top that easily opens or lifts off.
- Keep the carrier out in the open in a safe place so your cat can adjust to going in and out. Throw treats inside from time to time to give your cat a treat for going in.
- Feed your cat inside the carrier.
- When your cat looks comfortable, start taking him or her on a tour of the house. When that feels good, start with short trips in the car.
- Make the trip as rewarding as possible. Offer treats and calming language. Keep the loud music and sharp turns to a minimum, especially during the first few trips.
- When you make your trip to our hospital bring along a favorite toy and/or a blanket with familiar smells.
- Most important: keep your cool! Cats can sense our emotions, if you’re calm, it will help them feel better, too.
“A very kind and caring clinic. The staff is wonderful to the pets and answers all your questions. Appointments are easy to set up! Thank you, Bernville Veterinary Clinic!”- Linda H.
“They are very gentle and kind to my dog. They did an amazing job when my dog had to get neutered. The scar was minimal and his recovery was fast. I would definitely recommend them.”- Jessica W.
“My family and I have seen a few vet facilities throughout the years with different pets. Bernville, by far, is the best! They treat your furry loved ones like their own family. They check in to see how they're doing.”- Jyssica B.