- Feelings associated with losing a pet – similarity and differences between pet loss and human loss.
- Societal expectations and the impact on grieving for our animals.
- How to cope with comments “get over it… it was just an animal.”
- Gender differences and the impact on losing a pet in couple relationships.
- The spiritual beliefs associated with animals and how to incorporate this into caring for the remains of pets.
- How to talk with veterinarians about negative feelings associated with the care of
For those of you who don’t know Marianne, she is a master’s level clinician working in behavioral and mental health with clients across their pet’s life span . She has volunteered and worked in bereavement counseling for 5 years. She runs an ongoing support group in the area since February 2011. The topics that she will be discussing include: