ENJOY YOUR LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

One of our favorite parts of Labor Day is the amazing food! When it comes to the food, here are some tips for keeping your pet safe: Don’t give your pet “people” food. It may seem like a great idea to reward your pet with scraps from the grill, but many foods can be hazardous. Keep your pet on their normal diet. Any change, even for one meal, can lead to severe indigestion and upset stomach. Examples of everyday hazards include avocados, grapes, raw/undercooked meat and onions. Never leave your dog unattended with a barbecue pit while it is in use. That delicious food might be too much for them to resist. An overturned pit could cause serious damage to your pet in the blink of an eye. It is also a potential fire hazard. There are a few barbecue staples you need to keep out of your dog’s reach. Alcoholic drinks have the potential to poison pets. Matches and lighter fluid, if ingested, can cause harm to pets. Lighter fluid can cause skin irritation as well. Citronella candles, insect coils and oil products can cause stomach irritation and possibly damage a pet’s central nervous system.